It may already have become apparent but breakfast is probably my favourite meal of the day. It’s the one I spend the most time thinking about and prepping for the week ahead.
This week, I decided to incorporate some inspiration from one of my favourite chocolate bars. A good ol’ Bounty bar. And mix it with one of my favourite breakfasts, overnight oats. And voila! Here’s my bounty overnight oats. It so simple and you can make a weeks worth (well 5 days) of breakfast at once so it’s super easy to stay on track for the rest of week when all you have to do is grab the tub out of the fridge and trundle off to work.
500ml Hazelnut Milk
1 Cup Rolled Oats (Gluten Free if needed)
450g Natural Yoghurt
¼ Cup of Shredded Coconut
6 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
6 Tbsp. Cacao Powder
Toppings – amount added per each serving
50g Frozen Raspberries
10g Shredded Coconut
5g Cacao Nibs
1. In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients, (excluding toppings) coconut, oats, chia seeds and cacao powder.
2. Add the hazelnut milk in bits, stirring as you go to avoid getting lumps of cacao powder.
3. Once all the milk is added, add the natural yoghurt and thoroughly mix together.
4. Leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours then dish up into 5 servings.
5. I add the frozen raspberries in at this point as I like the juice to go into the oats as they defrost. If you don’t like raspberries, you can add some maple syrup as it can be a bit bitter if you’re not careful!
6. Leave in the fridge overnight until required.
7. I also pre portion out the additional coconut and cacao nibs in a separate tub and then add them just before eating so they keep a bit of crunch!
Of which is sugars: 16g
Of which is saturated: 13g