As a little treat for one of the girls at work I decided to ‘bake’ a little something for her. As I didn’t have too much time, I needed something that could be easy and quick to make but also super delicious. I thought rocky road would be an instant winner and not going to lie, it went down incredibly well with the work teamies.
One of the joys of rocky road is that there’s no real set recipe so it meant that I could add an all manner of delicious ingredients that caught my eye in the shop, such as mini eggs, hence the name.
450g Dark Chocolate (70% or more)
100g Mini Marshmallows
300g Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
2 Mini Meringues
100g Mini Eggs
3 Tbsp Golden Syrup
125g Softened Butter
Icing Sugar (For Dusting)
1. Line a large dish with cling film, ready for the mixture to the poured straight into. This will make it easier to get the bars out of the dish once set.
2. In a large saucepan melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a medium heat ensuring that the chocolate doesn’t burn, stirring regularly.
3. Place the chocolate biscuits into a food bag, and break them down so you have a selection of crumbs and larger biscuits bits.
4. Once all the chocolate is melted, turn down onto a very low heat, add the biscuits to the chocolate and mixed until well incorporated.
5. Add in the mini eggs and crumble the meringues into the saucepan, mix together then add the mini marshmallows (if you add them earlier then they can start to melt quite a lot).
6. Give the mixture a final stir to ensure everything is evenly distributed then pour it into the pre-prepared dish, smoothing it down with the spatula.
7. Place in the fridge to cool, after a couple of hours you can run a knife through the mixture where you want the bars to be to make it easier to cut once it’s completely cooled.
8. Leave to completely set, preferably overnight, cut into bars and dust with icing sugar.
Of which is sugars: 26.8g
Of which is saturated: 12.6g